Monday, January 14, 2008

Jonah's 3rd Birthday

So we celebrated Jonah's 3rd Birthday Sunday. We had Transformer balloons and cake and plates since it is his favorite thing right now. His birthday always seems to sneak up on me. It seems I will have to start planning his birthday before Christmas if I'm going to be organized. As it was I kind of threw it together at the last minute. Jonah only had one friend over which was fine since we were kind of recovering from going to the ER on Friday. Jonah was at daycare and it seems about 15 minutes before I picked him up he stepped on a toy and slipped and hit his head on the floor. He ended up with a GIANT goose egg on his left side right above his ear. And if this wasn't bad enough, the daycare said that he hit his right side. Now for those of you not just graduated from nursing school... this panicked me because I was terrified the bump on the other side was from a bleed on his brain. To make matters worse as I was driving to the ER he was falling asleep and I was yelling at him to stay awake. He sat on my lap on the gurney in the ER like a perfect angel, which anyone with a 3 year old knows is not normal behavior. He lay perfectly still for the CAT scan. Finally, while we were waiting for his results to come back he started acting up and trying to take off his ID bracelet. I don't think I've ever been happier to see my child "misbehave". The end result was only soft tissue damage, nothing inside the skull was hurt. He is lucky he has such a hard head. The xray tech said we could have a CD of his scan which I don't have yet but will keep to show him when he gets older to tell him all about the day he scared at least a year off his Mommy and Daddy's lives. Anyways his party was a success and we are all happy to have a healthy normal 3 year old in our lives.

0 comments: