Monday, October 27, 2008

Catching Up


We've been crazy busy! Shawn went back to school while still working full time. I've been working 50+ hours a week. And a lot has happened since I last blogged. Go figure. We celebrated 4th of July with Aunt Amy and Uncle Richard down in KY. We celebrated Shawn's Mom's b'day and she received b'day news that she can expect a new grandchild (its a girl) in March from Shawn's sister Lisa! I ripped out the carpet and baseboard in the living room and hallway and bought laminate that looks like a real hard wood floor. I bought a new car (2009 VW Jetta) Sept. 6. Jonah was diagnosed with asthma. We found out the family is again growing with Ella gaining a new sister. We celebrated Shawn's birthday during which I was unfortunately sick with pneumonia for the first time in my life. I was a bridesmaid for my good friend Glenda's wedding. We celebrated my and Paul's birthday at the pumpkin patch in Arthur. We bought furniture for the living room (finally we'll have a place to sit) that arrives tomorrow! Whew! I think we crammed a lot into that short a time period. We are hoping to slow things down a little bit but with the holidays fast approaching... Well we did manage to have a little fall family time by having a fire in our pit on our back deck this past weekend roasting hotdogs. Jonah is of course growing and changing everyday. He cracks me up with his amazing imagination and growing curiosity as well as expanding vocabulary. He recently put a roll of toilet paper on his arm and when I asked him what it was he replied very matter of factly that it was his blaster. Then yesterday he told me he wanted more of the "delicious" chocolate milk I'd fixed him. He can still push buttons and limits even more so now it seems, but we are coping and overall he is a good boy. Hope to post more later.

1 comments:

Liz said...

WOW! A lot has changed. Laura is having another girl? Did you know Martha is pregnant too? Lisa is having a baby? Crazy! Hope Laura is doing well. Tell her congrats for me. I am definitely out of the loop.