Friday, March 7, 2008

The DREADED FLU

Okay, so this is the face I would make towards being sick for the past week! [Jonah is getting more of an education at daycare lately, than I realized :) ] You got it ... I caught the dreaded flu bug going around. I thought I actually might escape and then WHAMMO! the big mac truck that is Influenza A hit me on Sunday. I ran a fever of 103 and yesterday was the first day that my fever finally went lower than 99.4 (even with medication). Breathing became a difficult task, and heaven forbid if I had to get out of bed for very long. I should consider myself lucky I guess. I have a wonderful husband who took care of me, Jonah, and tried to keep up with necessities like laundry and dishes on top of his work. On Tuesday when I finally called my Doctor they got me in the office in 90 minutes to do a swab and gave me samples of Tamiflu he had on hand. Also thanks to Aaron (Laura's fiance) who drove me there considering I had trouble just walking out to my driveway and then he paid for my lunch and took me to the pharmacy. It gave me a fresh perspective on being genuinely ill. I do not have a high pain tolerance and by the 4th day in bed I wanted someone to put me out of my misery.

I don't think I've ever been that sick in my life! To make matters worse, I could not study for my board exam which I sat for today. I felt human enough to go take my test, but as to whether I passed or not... well I'll let you know as soon as I find out. At least I had a good afternoon with my friend Glenda who was kind enough to drive me to my test and then out to lunch. I'll be really happy when my lungs can fully expand and I can read Jonah a book without hacking a lung up every other page. Hope everyone else in the family is staying healthy!

1 comments:

Barb said...

I am glad to see that I am not the only person in our family that was not immune to the Flu bug. I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago and was put on medicine for a sinus infection - then last Monday I started running a fever 100 when I called the doctor 102 in his office - straight to the hospital for 24 hours of "rest". Finally back to work today, but will be ready for bed tonight. Hang in there.